Administrative Operations Assistant- Shipping Supervisor – Career Growth!
Enjoy early hours and wear jeans to work! Assist the busy operations/logistics department of this international manufacturer/ wholesale distributor. This position is being created and open due to growth to support the Warehouse Manger with shipping operations. You will be responsible for ensuring customer orders are routed and shipped accurately in the most timely and cost-effective manner . Prepare shipping documents and schedule pickups of containerized orders for delivery to major US retailers. Your shipping/logistics related experience , knowledge of MS Office and excellent organizational skills could qualify. Your customer service experience is also appreciated, as you will interact with freight carriers, the Customer Service Dept, the Shipping Dept, and the Management team.
This is a fun relaxed environment offering fully employer paid benefits, product discounts, a stable, low turnover staff and a relaxed yet professional corporate culture.
Responsibilities of the Administrative/Operations/ Shipping Supervisor:
· Tack loads and keep freight book updated.
· Continue looking for trucking options and update carrier information.
· Enter any pro numbers into BOL notes and handle BOL freight analysis.
· Analyze freight and transit times and keep parties updated
· Print and match BOLs.
· Get quotes for LTL loads and prepaid shipments.
· Get quotes as requested, assign loads, and set up special loads
· Arrange loads, set up trucks and answer billing questions
· Assists Customer Service in getting answers to customer questions.
· File claims and add to claims log.
· Assist with freight analysis.
Requirements for the Administrative/Operations/ Shipping Supervisor:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Related Logistics or Shipping operations experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- MS Suite knowledge, accurate data entry skills
Compensation for the Administrative/Operations/ Shipping Supervisor: is up to $50,000/year
This company offers 100%paid medical and dental benefits, a matched 401k plan, PTO, product discounts, free parking and a friendly, team spirited environment. Enjoy a Monday-Friday 7am-4pm schedule.
To apply please attach a copy of your resume.
Business Talent Solutions helps you find the right fit for your next career move. We are the Northwest Leading Direct Hire Firm servicing Seattle, Bellevue, Eastside, South King and North Pierce County areas. Never a fee to you!
The Recruiters at Business Talent Solutions have specialized in direct hire placement for over 30 years and work with the Puget Sound region’s most established firms. To view more listings please visit http://www.businesstalentsolutions.com/job-listings