Quick Tips for Writing Thank You Emails
- Always get the business cards of everyone you meet with so you have the correct information. Email is the quickest and easiest way to send your note over.
- Thank the interviewer for their time. If you met with more than one person, send them each a thank you.
- Show that you listened by mentioning what you liked about what your interviewer had to say. This is where you express interest in and enthusiasm for the company and position.
- Use this opportunity to overcome any concerns or objections the employer may have about you or to clarify anything that may have been left unsettled during your meeting.
- State your continued interest in the position and desire for a second meeting.
- Make following up easy – include your contact information.
- Keep it short and positive.
- Be sure to proofread before you send!